- This trade mission is about jobs for Washingtonians. It’s about opening new doors to ensure a strong economic recovery that provides new work opportunities for our citizens – whether that’s in aerospace, green energy or technology.
- The Farnborough International Air Show is one of the world’s most premier events dedicated to aerospace. With access to tens of thousands of visitors and journalists – and recognizing other states will be selling their aerospace products – a Washington state presence is critical to supporting our goal of marketing Washington state as one of the World’s most important global centers for aerospace. Our task is to let the world know we have the best, and get out there and sell it.
- Washington’s aerospace industry is more than Boeing. We are home to more than 92,000 workers and 720 companies that make up an aerospace supply chain with strong potential to grow and expand in Washington state – creating more jobs for Washington workers.
- Our highly-skilled and experienced aerospace workforce is a winning competitive advantage for Washington State and keeps growing stronger every year thanks to a comprehensive training system that directly links global industry demand and new technologies with innovative education partnerships, targeted training and joint apprenticeship programs.
- We have untapped opportunities to expand our global presence in green energy and technology. Our companies, people and products are highly competitive in key areas of demand for these industries. This visit will showcase them and reinforce Washington’s strengths as a global center for technology innovation.
- State government can and does provide support to significantly assist private sector job growth. This is yet another strategy the state is using to ensure our business owners and educational institutions succeed and create jobs. Business owners know this mission will help them launch or expand trading and investment relationships and cultural ties that the State of Washington has worked for decades to cultivate.